[Sticky] Nightfall Strike Strategies
Nightfall Strikes are a more challenging version of the strikes already present in the game. What makes them more challenging is a series of modifiers layered onto a time requirement. Unlike normal Strikes, Nightfall Strikes have a 15 minute countdown timer. They also have a series of random modifiers that will affect your gameplay. Each Nightfall Strike will have a series of helpful or hurtful conditions, as well as a TimeWarp modifier that will affect how the countdown timer behaves. Because the Nightfall Strikes and modifiers change weekly, there should end up being lots of combinations to tackle. If you are up for an even greater challenge when you hit power level 300, try the Prestige mode.
Possible Nightfall Modifiers:
- Prism - Damage types - Arc, Void, or Solar - rotate every 30 seconds during the Nightfall Strike, and displays the currently active Burn for a few seconds in the bottom left of the screen.
- Attrition - Health and shield regeneration is severely hampered. Defeat enemies for a chance to create a well of Light that can restore health and charge your Super.
- Momentum - Health and shield regeneration is disabled when standing, so you must sprint to replenish them.
- Torrent - This vastly increases the recharge rate of your grenades and class ability.
Possible Nightfall TimeWarp Modifiers:
- Killing Time - Killing enemies will add a small amount of time back onto the countdown timer, giving you a greater chance of completing the Nightfall or hitting any time-based Nightfall challenges.
- Rings - Jumping through the glowing rings you find along your path adds 30 seconds onto your timer. Rumor has it more rings will spawn the more you jump through.
- Anomalies - Anomalies are clusters of energy that, when shot, will increase your timer. They tend to appear tucked around the sides of objects, low down off the edges of walk-able areas, and high up in the corners. They glow blue, making them a little easier to spot from a distance. Get into a habit of looking around in each area.
- Zero Hour - Unlike other TimeWarp modifiers, there is no way to extend the timer. That means the time you start with is all you have.
Possible Nightfall Challenges (some are Strike-specific). Completing challenges will reward you even more!
- Speed of Dark - complete the event with at least 5 minutes to spare.
- Unbroken - beat the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- Siege Engine - prevent Brakion from staying shielded for more than 40 seconds before bringing it down (Pyramidion).
- Faster Than Lightning - kill nine Shanks with melee attacks before finishing off Thaviks (Exodus Crash).
- The Best Defense - shoot down 15 projectiles before defeating Savathun's Song (Savathun's Song).
- The Floor is Lava - The entire fireteam must avoid getting hit by Protheon's fiery ground attack during the boss fight (Inverted Spire).
Click on each Strike below for information on the normal version of each. Nightfall tactics coming soon!